Tutor: Crupi Vincenzo
Supervisor: Crupi Vincenzo
Progetto: The trouble with modus ponens: Failures of modus ponens and their role in paradoxes [working title]
2016 Diplôme de l’Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (Paris). Title of the thesis: McGee, Carroll et les paradoxes du conditionnel matériel: une tentative d’analyse unifiée à partir de la preuve de Lewis (“McGee, Carroll and the paradoxes of the material conditional: an attempt to provide a unified analysis based on Lewis’s proof”). Thesis supervisor: Prof. Pascal Engel.
- 25 August: talk at the 9th European Congress of Analytic Philosophy, in Munich (Germany). Title of the talk: “On some analogies between the 'counterexamples' to modus ponens and modus tollens: Towards a unified account”.
- 25 October: talk at the conference "Self-deception: what it is and what it is worth", in Basel (Switzerland). Title of the talk: “Against the 'resolutions conception' of weakness of will”.
- 29 June: talk at the conference of the European Epistemology Network (Amsterdam). Title of the talk: "From the invalidity of modus ponens to the lottery paradox".
- 5 September: talk at the 13th conference of the Italian Society for Analytic Philosophy (Novara). Title of the talk: “A challenge to (epistemic) modus ponens (and more)” .
- 9 October: presentation given in the context of the Science & More Talks (Turin). Title of the talk: "From McGee's puzzle to the lottery paradox".
- 16 November: talk at the 4th Taiwan Philosophical Logic Colloquium (Taipei). Title of the talk: "From McGee's puzzle to the lottery paradox".